Neodymium magnets: the super-strong ones
Neodymium magnets are also known as super magnets. A well-deserved name indeed, as they have extraordinary strength even at their smallest size and are among the strongest permanent magnets in the world. The magnetic material of our super-strength magnets is an alloy consisting of neodymium, iron and boron (NdFeB). Neodymium magnets are used for a wide range of applications, from cabinetry, lighting systems, plastics technology and packaging materials to the construction of models. We keep an inventory of over 35 million magnets and can fulfil even large orders directly from our warehouse at any time. With our 17 years of experience, we are your specialist for neodymium magnets. The advantages of neodymium magnets at a glance:
- Super-strong adhesive force
- Suitable for small spaces (miniaturisation)
- Even the smallest neodymium magnets are just as strong as larger common magnets
Neodymium super magnets: Strongest in the worldMany of you might ask yourself: Why is a neodymium magnet a super magnet? And: Wouldn’t a cheaper ferrite magnet be sufficient for my project? The special NdFeB combination (neodymium-iron-boron) results in a high adhesive force even in small magnets. Hence, ferrite magnets of the same dimensions are much weaker. We recommend buying super magnets if you need a small, lightweight magnet or a large, extra-strong magnet. In the assortment of our online shop, you can find the perfect magnet for your project, from mini magnets to ultra-strong neodymium magnets. Neodymium magnets are slightly more expensive than ordinary ferrite magnets because neodymium is a rare earth metal. That is why super magnets are also known as rare earth magnets.
We recommend ferrite magnets when:
- used outdoors
- exposed to temperatures over 80 °C
A few "strong" facts about our super magnets:
- The strongest ring magnet: Ideal for "fishing" for ferromagnetic objects. It will easily pull your bike out of the river, for example.
- Our so-called "death magnet": A compact block magnet with an adhesive force of 100 kg.
- The "strongest" block magnet in our shop: The block magnet MONOLITH with an adhesive force of approx. 200 kg.
Before using any of our super magnets, please read the safety tips to avoid hazards and injuries.